Skip to main content
Select language

Getting care after you enroll

After you enroll in a health plan, MassHealth will send you a letter to tell you which plan you are in. Your new health plan will also mail you a welcome packet. Everyone in your family who is enrolled in a health plan will get a health plan member ID card. They will also get a MassHealth member ID card. Always carry both cards with you so you have them when you need care.
Be sure to show both member ID cards when you get health care or fill a prescription.
  • If your health plan member ID card is damaged, lost, or stolen, call the health plan member service department. Ask for a new card. Go to Contacting health plans to find your health plan's contact information. 
  • If your MassHealth member ID card is damaged, lost, or stolen, call us at 1-800-841-2900 (TTY: 1-800-497-4648). We will send you a new card.

Continuity of Care

MassHealth wants to be sure you keep getting care while you change health plans. You will have at least 30 days’ “continuity of care” when you change to a new plan.
To learn more about continuity of care, go to


My Ombudsman

My Ombudsman is an independent organization that helps members by:
  • Giving information about your benefits and rights in your plan
  • Listening, investigating, and discussing your choices for problems or concerns
  • Explaining how to file a grievance or appeal and what to expect
Go to Contacts and links to find MyOmbudsman contact information.